Monday, December 1, 2014

Make it Colourful Challenge #16

Good morning!  Happy Monday and 1st day of December!  Did I really just type that! Time is just zipping by!  Since it's the first of the month, it's time for a new Make it Colourful Challenge.  The challenge for December is "glistening snow and/or ice".  The goal is to achieve the look of sparkling snow and ice using only coloring techniques.  No cheating allowed with glitter pens or the like!  It's definitely a challenge!  As always, there are some fantastic inspiration photos on the blog, as well as amazing projects from the DT to get your creative juices flowing.  Our wonderful guest, Sandy, has also created a video on how she achieved the glistening effect, so be sure to check it all out.

Here is my attempt at glistening snow and ice:



My card base and mats are GKD Aqua Sea and the miscellaneous solid patterned papers are from my stash.  The fun Winter image was created by merging the Icy Lake Pre-made Scene and Brooke Ice Skating, both from Make it Crafty.  I printed the merged image on MiC Blending Card and colored it all with my Copics.  I tried to make the ice and snow look shimmery with the colors I chose.  I'm not sure I was successful, but hopefully the snow and ice at least have some added dimension. I used my Copic airbrush to do the sky and tried to make it look like rays of light were coming through.  I finished off the card with two die cut snowflake corners (using a Memory Box die) and a few punched snowflakes with gems in the centers. 

Here is a close-up of the colored scene:


Copic Colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E50, E53, E57, YR 31
Leggings: BV00, BV,04, BV13, BV17
Sweater, hat and leg warmers: BG10, BG11, BG45, BG53, BG57
Scarf and mittens: YG01, YG03, YG25, YG17, YG67
Ice: C1, E30, B32, BG93, BV00
Snow: C1, B000, BG10, E30, BV00
Wood: E31, E35, E57, E79

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Make it Colourful Challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration for the new challenge!  We hope you will play along!  There is a new album set up in the Make it Crafty store photo gallery for your entries.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Seems A Little Sketchy #79 (sketch)
Fab 'n Funky Challenge #239 (diecuts)
Card Mania Challenge #61 (favorite color combo; mine is blue, green and purple)
MarkerPop Challenge #57 (Winter/Christmas)
Digi Sketch Challenge (use diecuts and punches +/- sketch)

Here is the SALS sketch:
 

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Love it, color, image and layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love your corner elements and the scene you colored is just stunning! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Carla, I love this image and your colouring is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a LOVELY card. I love the happy winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did succeeded very much so. Your snow and ice do have a shimmer to them and your sky is delightful. Isn't it something to say December 1st? WOW. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, your coloring is always so pretty. I love how you did the ice.

    Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful job. This is just lovely. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, this is amazing and I think you did beautifully, especially the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great scene! Fantastic coloring Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing coloring as usual. I'm with you...I can't believe how fast time is passing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card-love the image and the "setting"!! thanks for playing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the sketch with this fantastic card!

    I love the image, your coloring, and your airbrushed background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla