Friday, June 27, 2014

Guest Designer - Sweet Pea Stamps

Good morning, again! It's a more respectable morning hour now and I'm back, as promised, with a special post today.  I am thrilled to tell you that I was invited to be one of the June Guest Designers on the Sweet Pea Stamps blog!  You know I love Sweet Pea Stamps, so I was both excited and honored to have been selected!

Here is the card I made:


My card base and mats are SU Garden Green and the patterned paper is from the Bo Bunny Autumn Song 6x6 pad.  The wonderful stamp I got to showcase is Grumpy Fae With Acorn On A Mushroom by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff.  I love Mitzi's artwork and Sweet Pea Stamps has lots available as rubber stamps. I colored the image with my Copics, of course.  I took a little license and turned the plain mushrooms into whimsical toadstools.  I added some Liquid Pearls to the spots on the toadstools.  I also added some Crystal Stickles to the wings. I kept my card design very simple to showcase the image more.  A few roses from my stash and a punched butterfly finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed my project.  Thanks to Lynette and the Sweet Pea Stamps team for having me as a Guest Designer!

I'll be back a little later for this month's Digi Bells blog hop! The new digi being released is one you won't want to miss!  See you soon!!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. So darn cute. You mean to tell me all mushrooms don't look like this? I thought they did. LOL Great card and wonderful coloring. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, This is a fun and gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable, Carla. Yes, Sweet Pea has some of the most wonderful images. They'll love having you on the GDT for June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GDT, Carla! Well-deserved! :^)
    Love this cutie-patootie! Really wonderful design and papers, and your coloring & pearl pen accents are great! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner Carla, although that "sprite" looks a little cross about something. Perhaps he/she tasted the mushroom, lol. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Carla and gorgeous coloring,congrats on your GDT!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is fabulous Carla! I especially love the way you did her hair. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla