Sunday, October 13, 2013

Show It Off Sunday - Create With TLC

Good afternoon!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you are enjoying your weekend!  I am away for a couple of days so I've pre-scheduled this post.  I've got something very different to share with you today.  You may recall that Paulette has started a new feature on the Create With TLC blog called Show It Off Sunday.  It's a linky party that starts every Sunday and runs until the following Saturday.  Anyone can link up a crafty project there, with the only requirements being that the creation be handmade by you and it must be posted on your blog.  It has been a big hit and there have been lots of gorgeous creations posted.


I have a project to link up today.  It is not a card this time.  I made this pretty set of jewelry to share with you.  You may not know it, but before I got hooked on card-making (thanks, JoAnn!), I was totally into beading and other jewelry-making.  I was even selling my pieces for awhile where I used to live.  When I got into paper-crafting several years ago, I pretty much dropped this craft.  Just recently, I started making a couple of things and this set is one of my projects.


Sorry for the bad photo.  I'm not used to photographing jewelry.  I made the bracelet from a kit I found at Too Cute Beads.  I liked it so much that I bought similar components from a few other on-line shops and I designed a coordinating necklace and earrings.  It's all made from Swarovski Crystal components and sterling silver findings.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Fits perfectly, don't you think?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed seeing something a little different from me today!  Scroll down one post if you'd like to pick up a beautiful freebie that Paulette from Create With TLC shared to celebrate my 400-follower milestone.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll see you when I get back!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow you are a lady of endless talents.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carla, your jewelry is fabulous. You are really gifted in so many ways. I was just in Jo-Ann's look for a jewelry file...didn't find one, though. No, I don't make jewelry. I can't quit making cards long enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, you are one talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely - you are creative - the sentiment works great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this set is gorgeous - another talent. You are too cute with adding the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that is gorgeous......I agree, you are very talented.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jewelry is beautiful! I do indian beading and also quit when I started papercrafting. I love the turqoise and all the bling. Congrats on the 400 followers and thanks for the image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh wow this is really really stunning! Love the colors you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These pieces are so beautiful! They'd be the talk of any event where worn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super pretty. I tried to figure out for a whole how you strung the crystals but I figured it out. I'm into jewelry too and I also buy kits just to see how stuff is constructed, to get new ideas as also because sometimes I can't source a particular finding or bead without paying a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw this and couldn't allow myself to let the opportunity go by to leave a comment. My laptop fried itself today so I'm using my BlackBerry...Carla you are an amazing talent, thank you for sharing this absolutely gorgeous work of art, I am truly blown away my friend. Now you have to go shopping for all dress and find somewhere to show it off!
    Cheers :) Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing piece of jewelry. :D I too started with jewelry and then went to cards, so I'm really in awe of how well this piece came out. Good job Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love this set--really gorgeous! You are quite the talented artist, Carla! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just blew me out of the water g/f! This is over the top gorgeous, but I couldn't imagine anything you create be anything less. I love the colors and the placement of stones. You are one amazing talented artist:)
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this looks so pretty! Lovely work - such creative skill and talent :) How great to be able to make such beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is gorgeous, Carla! You are full of creative surprises. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla