Friday, October 18, 2013

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a great week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  I am out of town again for a couple of days, so I have another pre-scheduled post today.  I am sharing my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz.  This week we have a color inspiration challenge for you.  You can do anything you'd like with the colors, but please remember to have some coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

Here is the color inspiration photo that our teammie, Tress, picked:


It's a perfect color palette for fall or Halloween, don't you think?  

Here is my card:


I went the Halloween route and used some fun Halloween patterned paper from K & Co. for the background.  I cut a big spider web with a cut file from Miss Kate Cuttables, then cut it in pieces to add around the border of my card.  The adorable image is Pirate Kai by Mo Manning for Penny Black.  I stamped him on MiC Blending Card and colored him with my Copics.  I added a bit of Yellow Stickles to the jack-o-lantern face.  A few plastic spiders in the webs and around the image finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the fantastic creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will play along with us this week!  There are always great prizes to be won when you enter the challenges at The Outlawz!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Papercrafting Journey (Halloween colors)
Penny Black and More Challenge (anything goes)
Craft Mojo Challenge (Halloween)
Stamp & Create Challenge (Fall or Halloween)
Card Makin' Mamas #65 (trick or treat)
Incy Wincy (Halloween)
Papertake Weekly (Halloween Hues)
The Corrosive Challenge #185 (dress me up)
Crafting For All Seasons #63 (too cute too spook)

Have a great weekend and I will be by to visit when I get home.
Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. How adorable! Such a sweet little pirate. Love all the spiders, and the bright colors you used. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops- a redo

    The spider webs made great corners for your card. The little pirate is just the cutest trick or treater ever. Love it, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie. Made such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning. Loving the interesting and colourful background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, Once again this is soooo cute! Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card its really gorgeous and thanks for joining us over at Craft Mojo! Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card :) Thanks for joining us over at Craft Mojo this month
    Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great, non scary Halloween card, Carla. Love the vibrant colors. Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is so darling, Carla! That image is just precious! Fantastic coloring, love your die cuts & spideys! Love the cool DP, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous coloring on this darling Mo image. I love how you colored him and think he is too sweet. Beautiful card design and embellishments. Great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet image, love the colours, nicely done
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  13. tehehehhee that is one Mega super cute card LOVE the colours and how you coloured the image too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Incy Wincy,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a Halloween cutie! Lovely colouring on that little guy :)
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness Carla!!! Isn't he just the cutest little guy!!! Your coloring has given him personality and the colors are just the perfect take on the inspiration pic! Super cute!!! Hope you are having a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla, your card is adorable. Love those spiders and webs along with the cute image. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Such a gorgeous and colourful card Carla. When I saw the little spiders it brought a smile to my face and your lovely neat colouring puts me to shame. A perfect colour palette for the inspiration photo too.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute Carla with gorgeous colors and your coloring is outstanding!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute and not one bit scary too! Love your take on the theme and or course your gorgeous papers. I'm out with DH laptop shopping as mine died Monday. I think I can join you with my Dad's birthday card this week, hopefully. Good thing I have the week to buy one, LOL.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  20. He's so adorable! Love how the colors in this challenge translated in your card! Such a sweet Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too Cute!! Love the spiders :-) and your colouring is awesome as always. Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute image thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word now how stinkin' cute is this!! LOVE those fun papers and great take on the colors! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, love the use of the Halloween colours and the gorgeous image, thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Carla, this is about the most adorable pirate ever! Fabulous as always!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful halloween card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card, I love the image, thank you for joining us at Craft Mojo. Sally. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable card! Thank you for joining CMM Challenge! Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla