Friday, September 20, 2013

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a great week and you have fun plans for the upcoming weekend!  I had planned to be spending time with my husband's family in Buffalo, but at 1:30 AM, the airline called and told us our flights were cancelled.  They tried to re-book us, but there were no other suitable flights because of the bad weather in the Midwest, so unfortunately, we are staying home.  Rather than getting an auto-post from me today, I am here live to post my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.   The theme this week is "around the world".  We are celebrating World Tourism Day and would like to see a country featured in some way on your project.  Don't forget you must have some coloring with alcohol markers (any brand).

Here is my international card:


My card base and mats are SU Baja Breeze and the patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Konnichiwa collection.  The beautiful image is Cho With Parasol from Lili of the Valley.  I was lucky to receive this stamp in a fabulous blog candy I won from Mindy awhile back.  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added some detail with my Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen.  I used some gorgeous Wild Orchid Crafts White Guipure Lace and a triple-loop satin bow for embellishments.  I finished my card with some beautiful flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts (Mixed Red Tone Cherry Blossoms, White/Earth Tone Cherry Blossoms and Mixed Color Stamens).

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the team!  We hope you will play along!  The September challenges are being sponsored by Digistamps 4 Joy.  One randomly-selected participant in this month's challenges will win 5 digis of their choice from the DS4J shop.  Our own DT sistah, Jen, is one of the talented artists there and she just celebrated her 500th illustration for DS4J!  Way to go Jen!

I am entering my card in the following two challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge #85 (add a diecut; I used Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Circle dies)
LOTV Monthly Challenge (ribbons and lace)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Oh Carla- this is so pretty! Many years ago I worked for a Japanese dentist, so this picture reminds me of that time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one word can describe it...BEAUTIFUL! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, your card is gorgeous. Love the flowers and the lace. Sorry you couldn't fly out. I know we got 1.8 inches of rain last night here and had areas of flooding. Hopefully you will have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning, Carla. I love every inch. The addition with your white pearl pen is just perfect.
    I'm sorry about your flight. What a bummer!
    I have to tell you I got those bricks you used yesterday. Love them and made a Halloween card. It is darling in real life but ugh on my blog. The bricks turned too orange in my photo and nothing looked right. Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, and wow! Perfection! Sorry your trip was cancelled...maybe you and hubby can treat yourselves to a special night out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so beautiful and the aqua and red colour combo work so well.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Carla! Such a fabulous Asian theme! Your coloring is wonderful; love the colors you chose; love the pearl pen accents; and you used such beautiful embellies! :^)
    So sorry about your trip. You need to go out to eat at a fancy restaurant instead. (My answer to almost everything, right?)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a beauty Carla. I love the image and your fantastic coloring is making her even more beautiful. Sorry about the weather messing up your flight. The year it seems the weather has been making people everywhere change their plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh shes gorgeous Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Carla.... she is soooo pretty! Love the added pearl pen detail! I must find one of them! Your coloring is beautiful as always, as are all the gorgeous details!!! Sorry about the canceled flight! That is a bummer but hopefully you'll be able to go soon! Enjoy this weekend with whatever you get to do while staying home!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Carla, this is just stunning! Seriously, it really caught my eye, fab colours and the pearl dots are a great addition! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card and lovely image, Carla. I see that I've missed several gorgeous creations over the past few weeks. Your artwork is always so lovely.

    Sorry I've been MIA as it is crazy busy around here and I'm not keeping up with my blog lovin reads. Yikes! :)

    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Carla! What a delight! The colors are so fresh and fun..and all of the embellishments are spot on! I just love this beauty! I am sorry your flight was canceled though! :( Thank you so very much for joining us at WOC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yet another beautiful card, lovely image - beautifully coloured - and fab paper and embellie choices. Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! This is really gorgeous Carla! I love the added pearls on your design and your layout is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning, I love the colours and pretty pearls, very sweet
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about your cancelled trip - hope you can re-organise it soon :) Another gorgeously pretty card with wonderful colouring and lovely papers and embellies - love the pale turquoise and red together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Carla! You've created a great Asian feel with the color scheme and those touches of pearl. Sorry you missed out on your trip. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Carla,

    What a beautiful card! Such vibrant colours and the red and aqua look gorgeous together!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Ribbon and Lace' challenge.

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your color combo is beautiful....Love how that red just highlights the card...Beautiful...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla