Friday, September 13, 2013

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday and Friday, the 13th, at that! At last the weekend is nearly here!  What a busy week it's been!  I'm hoping for a quiet weekend with some time in my craft room, but we'll see.  Before that, I am here to share my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  The theme this time is "chocolate", in honor of International Chocolate Day.   Who doesn't love chocolate?

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are GKD Dark Bown and the patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Bittersweet collection.  Remember that one?  It was awhile back when that came out, but I still had some hoarded.  The main image was created by merging lots of little chocolates from the Tea Party Food Combo set from Little Miss Muffet Stamps with a tray to hold them.  The tray is from the Tea Party Dishes and Trays set.  I printed the merged image onto MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Perfect, right?  I finished up my card with a simple Pink Pirouette twill bow.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the mouth-watering chocolate creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will play along this week!   We've got a fantastic sponsor for the September Challenges.  Digistamps 4 Joy are sponsoring and they are offering the randomly-selected winner of this month's challenges five digis of their choice from the DS4J shop!  There are also lots of monthly site-wide prizes to be won when you enter the challenges at The Outlawz!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch & Stamp #173 (Carole's sketch)
Basic Grey Challenges (anything goes with Basic Grey)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #184 (sweet treats)

Here is SS&S #173:

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Well Carla, I've been trying so hard to grab one of those delicious chocolates off that tray, but with no success at all. Seriously, this tray of goodies does look good enough to eat. What a fantastic job you did putting this one together. This is just a true, delicious delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! Talk about yummy!! I am a choco-holic for sure and this is beautifully made design!! :) Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the chocolates and beautiful tray. The papers may be old but they are some of their most beautiful. I still have some to. They look so yummy because of your beautiful coloring Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, those chocolates look good enough to eat! Seriously. Great take on the sketch, love your DP, the pinks & browns are so pretty together, & love the sentiment! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card with a great "sweet" image. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Carla, great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week @ Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I both love your card and chocolate!
    Love from a sunny San Francisco.
    Xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those chocolates look delicious! And very similar to the Woodhouse Chocolates which are some of my favs. Love the understated elegance of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card really does look good enough to eat. Yeeeuum! My name is Tracy and I'm a chocoholic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum! Are you sure this is not a chocolate challenge Carla!!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I wish they were real chocolates!
    Fab card, love the papers too.
    Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is cool! I've got both of those sets and would never have thought of making a focal image from them, gonna have to lift that idea, lol. Love that DP too, so lush. Great sentiment, I'll see if I can find it at TLC, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sweet treats thanks for sharing at FnF
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, Carla and I love the colours you've used. My favourites, in fact! Your laying looks very professional and the sentiment is the perfect finishing touch.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla