Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Birthday Chick

Hi there!  Happy Wednesday!  We're halfway to Friday!  It's been a very stormy day here with lots of rain and thunderstorms, so I haven't been on the computer much.  I cowered in my craft room and managed to finish up a card for a couple of challenges.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are GKD Turquoise See and the patterned paper is from the Echo Park This & That 6x6 pad.  My birthday chick is Ava from Saturated Canary.  You can find her in Krista's store here.  I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added some Fruit Punch Stickles to her bow and Diamond Stickles the the little layer of lace on her outfit.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I added lots of Wild Orchid Crafts floweres (15 mm Pink Tone Roses, 25 mm Pink Tone Roses, Mixed Open Roses and a stem of White Gypsophila).  A turquoise satin ribbon bow finished my birthday card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Hope I'll get by to see you soon if I haven't already!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts #82 (birthday party)
Sunday Sketch and Stamp #167 (Sam's sketch)
Incy Wincy Challenge (birthdays and balloons)

Here is the sketch I used:


Have a great evening and see you tomorrow for my Little Miss Muffet DT card!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Carla. Love the colour combo and super details. This is such a lovely image.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the image and your coloring! The colors you've used are fabulous and your flowers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs!
    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava looks so pretty! And your framing of her with the flowers and ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image and your coloring is superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo cute and gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, she is precious. You just know how to color those Saturated Canary images. Love your color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carla, your card is beautiful...I love you coloring it is so soft and sweet if coloring can be sweet...the color combo is divine...Such a wonderful card...We have had lots of rain seems like for this summer, makes me wonder about the winter ahead...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty Carla!!
    XXX heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card, Carla, and I love the white Gypsophila. It added a great touch to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great colors and beautifully colored - nice job!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous take on the sketch, Carla! You did a wonderful job of coloring her--love it! Also love the beautiful DP, die cuts, & embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such soft pretty colours, and you've coloured your sweet image beautifully. Naturally your papers are over the top, but I also love the feminine touch with the ribbon and pretty flowers!
    Cheers, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! Just love the beautiful matching of the papers and your fantastic colouring and the flowers are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's so lovely Carla. Beautiful mix of colors. It's been stormy here too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Card thanks for playing at Incy Wincy this week hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla, Fantastic card. Love SC image and she is colored so stunning.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carla,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Incy Wincy :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. The image is totally gorgeous, the papers are to die for & your colouring is fantastic. Beautiful design. I think I have that paper somewhere in my stash. Gonna go look :) Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :)

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous, fabulous design, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla