Thursday, April 11, 2013

Little Miss Muffet Inspiration

Good morning!  Happy Thursday!  Hope you've had a great week so far!  The weather has been gorgeous here - sunny and super warm!  We seem to have moved right to Summer and bypassed Spring altogether, except for the yucky yellow pine pollen!  It is so thick this year.  I'll be glad when it is gone so we can be outside again without getting covered!

As always on Thursdays, I am here to share my DT creation for Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  This week, we are still working with the fabulous new tea party release from last week.   Wasn't the three-day release party with Simply B Stamps fun?  I hope you had a chance to check out all the amazing projects and play along with the games!

Here is my card for today:


My card base and mats are SU Island Indigo and the patterned papers are from my stash of October Afternoon pads.  I think these came from the Cakewalk and Woodland Park 8x8 pads.  I created my focal image by merging a bunch of images from the Cozy Cafe Combo and adding Gertrude Lena Hatter to the scene.  I printed the merged image on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added lots of Stickles to her hat, dress and shoes and also to the flower centers.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Otherwise, I kept the design very simple to let the scene take center stage.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to head over to the Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog and check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the DT and our wonderful Guest Designer, Petra!  Don't forget, you still have until next Tuesday, April 16, to enter our current "Anything Goes" challenge.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sketch N Stash Challenge #111 (sketch)
Through the Craftroom Door Challenge (anything goes)
One Stop Craft challenge #223 (birthdays)

Here is SNSS-111
Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. This is delightful. Loving the colours and the design paper.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colouring Carla, and I too love the papers and colours. Super pretty. You've rocked that sketch, I have to say. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, the coloring is amazing and love the color scheme!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's raining here Carla but your card bring some sunshine,it's gorgeous!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, You never cease to amaze me. What a fabulous job you did making this little cafe scene. Great coloring and shading and you placed everything perfectly. I don't even drink tea and I'm ready to sit down and join Gertrude for some tea. I am not anxious to see all that yellow pollen come, but it will be here soon. It's the worse part of spring. Enjoy the yellow week by staying indoors and creating more beautiful "works of art".

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is absolutley yummy!!! I love the image and how you glittered the hat!! Pollen is BAD here too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card...great papers. Love the sparkle on the hat.
    Yes, the weather has been awesome. I guess the storms start today for us and then a little cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card sweetie love these colours, lovely bright & cheery.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. And she is such a darling miss muffit! :) Love the touch of sparkle you added to the coloring! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, such a sweet scene - lovely coloring and that glitter detail is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the design and papers, Carla! Great colors! And that scene you created is so fabulous! And so beautifully colored! Fantastic card! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great combo of images and a pretty, beautifully coloured scene - gorgeous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous, wonderful image and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful image, just beautiful
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carla! Great card, the colours are so cheerful, and the sparkle looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Carla! I am loving the colors you chose for the image and as always, such beautiful coloring. Love that sketch! You did a fabulous job on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the sketch!

    I opened up your blog, saw that image, and just grinned. She's adorable and colored beautifully.

    I love your color scheme and paper choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card! And I'm a fan of the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carla, your card is just darling. Great image and love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, fabulous design as always huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  21. What a beautiful card you have created!
    Thanks for playing with us at OneStopCraftChallenge! I hope to see you the next time, too :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the papers are colors Carla. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful, I like the colours and the image, Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carla, this is so beautiful! This image is adorable, so beautifully coloured. It actually is a perfect image to go with the sketch and the papers that you used are as if the background is a quilt. Well done girlie :)S

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay a Hatter! They're so sweet and I love how you blinged up her hat a bit with the glitter. Another fun card and great layout. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just because I can't see you doesn't mean I don't love you!! Would somebody please help me with my hat - cute card and I love the way you have worked with this sketch.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, Carla, another beauty of a card! I always love your designs and coloring. Glad you shared it at TTCRD.

    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  28. Carla, Love your card and the darling image that you colored so beautifully.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla