Thursday, April 18, 2013

Find Your Inner Turtle

Hi there!  It's me again!  It's my second post today so if you are looking for my Little Miss Muffet DT card, please scroll down one post.  I'm back to share a card I made for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing when I have time.  It is for the Saturated Canary Challenge #41 (anything goes), Sketch Saturday #254 (sketch) and Digital Tuesday Challenge #206 (Springtime).

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are from my stash.  The paper in my file was not labeled, but I think it was some Bazzill cardstock I picked up at Archiver's.  The patterned papers are again from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh 6x6 pad (can you tell I like this one?).  My adorable image is Turtle Lurv from Saturated Canary.  You can find her in Krista's digi shop here.  I printed her on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I think I may have used every marker I have for this one - lol!  I added in the ground, grass, clouds and sky with my Copics as I have been recently.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  That's it!  No embellishments this time, just the sketch and scene, which is rare for me, but fun.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Oh, and here is SS-254:


Thanks for stopping by again!  I always appreciate your visits!
Have a great evening and I'll be back tomorrow with my Copic/ProMarker Challenge DT card.
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Awww I love this Carla! I love your colouring and the paper is just perfect for the image! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla this is just GORGEOUS!!!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Carla. I love how you did her hair and the grass. Looks like you have been busy making some awesome cards. This one is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch with those pretty papers & die cuts! Your image is colored superbly! Love the sentiment--it is perfect with that image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness Carla... your coloring just amazes me! I need to come have you !! This is adorable... love the sentiment... I think I need to listen to that advice! Hope all is well with you!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks amazing Carla. I really like her patchwork clothes and that you kept the card CAS. !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your post title (-: gorgeous coloring....(patiently waiting for MIC blending card)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colouring and the design papers compliments the image perfectly.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. she 's adorable and your card is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this image! She is just too cute! As always I love all your gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla- she is beautiful and her hair coloring is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla, The sentiment is so perfect for the image. I love the SC image and you have colored her so fabulous and as always you have the most wonderful papers.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card as always and certainly doesn't need any embellishments with that fab colouring! Just love her patchwork dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your coloring on this gorgeous image Carla. That paper is just perfect with that image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card Carla! Your coloring and layout is really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how cute, Carla...love your image and the sentiment is something I need to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla