Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Celebrate Every Day

Hi there!  Happy Tuesday!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  Mine has been busy so far, but the weather is gorgeous and that makes a big difference!  I'm on my way out so this will have to be brief, but I'm here to share a card I made for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing.  I haven't had much time for extra projects so I was happy to get this one done.

Here it is:


My card base and mats are SU Bermuda Bay and the patterned papers are from the Echo Park This & That 6x6 pad.  The cute image is Pricilla Pie from Saturated Canary.  You can find her in Krista's store here.  I printed her on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added "pearls" to her hair and jewelry with my Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen.  I added a bit of Yellow Stickles the center of the flower in her hair and the ring on her finger.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I used a Martha Stewart Edger Punch for the horizontal panel.  A turquoise crocheted flower and a few Recollections roses finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Copic Colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E21, E25, E29
Turquoise: BG10, BG11, BG13, BG49
Deep Rose: R81, R83, R85, R89
Gold/Yellow: Y21, YR23, E15

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be by to visit when I get home tonight or tomorrow morning.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Saturated Canary #42 (color/photo inspiration)
Sketch Saturday #256 (sketch)
Stampin' for the Weekend (diecuts and/or punches)
Charisma Cardz #16 (polka dots)
Color Me Create Challenge #67 (celebrations)

Here is the SC photo inspiration:


And SS-256:

Have a great night and see you soon!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. WOW!! Carla, this is such a gorgeous design!! Love the pearls in her hair and great use of the colors in your design! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious colors, gorgeous card! Love those papers, your design, your sweet image & sentiment, and your fabulous coloring! The embellies are perfect! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, I love everything about this card, especially the pearls in her hair. I love doing that to. Your coloring is fabulous and the design and style are over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous !! Love the pearls in her hair and your colouring is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so BEAUTIFUL! The paper and colors are so WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Carla. Priscilla is one of my fave SC images. Such pretty rich colors. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh so sweet. I LOVE how you colored her dress so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful with awesome colouring and design paper.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, love the cluster of flowers and the pearls in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous, love the pearls in her hair! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, another great coloring job. Love the pearls in her hair. Enjoy your gorgeous weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super paper, darling image..love those pearls in her hair.

    Pretty weather but just wish the weekend would be sunny and warm so hubby and I can work in the yard. Look like Saturday will be yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Carla,love the pearls in her hair!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card - great colous and design.

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck.

    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Carla I never thought to put pearls in her hair, gorgeous! LOVE the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Carla, just beautiful! hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card, Carla. I'm trying to catch up on commenting but I'm afraid I'm so behind that I'd be at my PC for days.

    I love this adorable image and you did such an awesome job on coloring her. She is just fabulous.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Better late than never! Your card is gorgeous Carla - the beautiful paper and colors and of course you color so well. Beautifully done Sugar!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww - just beautiful. Love your colaoring Carla! Thank you for joining us at CMC!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. swoon!! oh carla this card just rocks, its stunning.
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla