Friday, January 25, 2013

Always and Forever

Good morning, again!  Hope you've had a good week and you have fun plans for the upcoming weekend!  It's cold and dreary here, but at least we've avoided the freezing rain that was predicted for us this morning. Before I head out for the day, I'm popping in to share my GDT card for the new Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge.  I am thrilled to once again be joining the amazing Digi Bells DT for this challenge.  The theme this time is "vintage valentine".

Here is what I came up with:


My card base and mats are SU Blush Blossom and the patterned papers are from the Pink Paislee London Market 6x6 pack.  I love the vintage style and romantic look of these pretty papers!  My sweet Elisabeth Bell image is Bella Sole Love Letters from Whimsy Stamps.  I was very lucky to have won this stamp last month during the new release blog hops.  I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Make it Colour Blending card and colored her with my copics.  I added a bit of Diamond Stickles to the lace on her dress and White Opal Liquid Pearls to her bracelet.  I cut her out and popped her up on foam tape. The sentiment is from Bev Rochester, who generously offered it as a freebie on her blog a year or so ago. I added some beautiful Wild Orchid Crafts roses (Pink Tone Roses EX-00019, Set B and Aqua Open Roses FM-00092) around the frame.  Some vintage-style lace and a few pearls from my stash finished my card.

Here  is a close-up of the image:



Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Elisabeth Bell's World challenge blog and check out the stunning valentines from the Digi Bells and guest designers. This month's challenge is being sponsored by Sweet Pea Stamps.  The lucky winner will receive a $20 gift certificate! We hope you will join in on the challenge this month!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge #67 (coming up roses)
Friday Sketch Challenge #35 (Mariska's sketch)

Here is FSC-35:



Have a wonderful day and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

32 comments:

  1. This is stunning as always Carla! I love the pretty colours and beautiful image. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just Gorgeous and Girly! Great coloring, Papers and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to win this adorable image, Carla. You really made a beautiful card to show her off...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Carla! I love the softness and vintage feel! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo adorable Carla!! This image is sooo sweet and so is the whole set up! Love the choice of colors as well!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful card. The coloring is fabulous.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you do this every single time?! LOL, simply stunning! LOVE the gorgeous soft palette and beautiful roses. The image is too sweet and colored perfection! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a beautiful card Carla. I love all E. Bell images and you have done a fabulous job of coloring her and love this sketch, your papers and design. I'll be happy when my Cameo gets here but I am worried about learning how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great take on a sketch, Carla! Love the soft colors you chose for this, the beautiful papers, fantastic coloring of that sweet image, and wonderful embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Carla - so soft and pretty. I love those gorgeous papers and the image is such a pretty one, beautifully coloured to match :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Carla! Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving the kind comment. Gosh, the image on your beautiful card is sweet as can be! Love the special details on her clothing and blankie. The shading in her little face is so pretty! Gorgeous card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how adorable Carla!!! I love this image and all your pretty touches... the glitter and the lace and flowers are soooo pretty! Love the colors you used on this one too.... precious!

    Have a great weekend!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carla, your card is beautiful. Love that bracelet. What gorgeous papers and your coloring is wonderful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning sweetie. This is just gorgeous and love the colours. Hugs Michele xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Carla... beautiful soft colors and the sketch is fabulous.. will be using it!! Also, have to get my Cameo off the table and begin to use the feature for cutting out digi stamps... amazing and you made her pop off the page. Love it! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, lovely image and pretty colours. Thanks for joining in with us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Carla! Such Wonderful colors for a vintage Valentine. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. I love the soft aqua and pinks together and this is a perfect vintage design!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful card! I love the image and your coloring is just perfect. The aqua and pink combination is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooo what is pretty card
    love the softcolors
    thanks for playing at the friday sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute as punch Carla!! I love what you did with this sketch - made a might pretty card!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these soft colors, Carla! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Carla, this is really gorgeous!! LOVE the lace and the soft colors!! Beautiful job!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So soft and beautiful, Carla...love it! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours and the wonderful Lizzy bee image, so pretty Carla
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carla, So pretty in the pinks and greens and you have matched everything so well. Love the softness of everything. Darling image and you colored her so stunning and love the papers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is gorgeous Carla. Beautiful colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty and love the flowers and soft coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is just so beautiful and I love the fussycut around the pretty image.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a fabulous card. I love that image and how you colored it. I also love the papers you combined with those embellishments. You really achieved a vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful! I love your fussy cutting and the gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card, love your image and colour scheme, thanks for playing with us at Friday Sketch Challenge this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla