Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Go Team USA

Good afternoon!  Happy Wednesday!  We're halfway to the weekend again!  How did that happen?  Not that it's not a good thing - lol!  Just amazed at how the time flies by!  I'm popping in really quickly to share a card I made for a couple of challenges.  It is for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #195 (Olympics/sports), the One Stop Craft Challenge #192 (Olympics/sports) and Seems A Little Sketchy #18 (sketch).

Here is SALS #18:


Here is my card:


I used SU Night of Navy cardstock and layered with patterned papers from October Afternoon.  I'm not sure which 8x8 pads, because the pieces were in my scrap bag.  My cute image is Soccer/Football from MayzyArt.  You can find her in Mayzy's Etsy shop here.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her with my Copics.  I went online and had a look at the Team USA Women's Soccer uniforms for the Olympics and tried to color as closely as possible to that.    The simple sentiment was done with a sticky alpha set from my stash.    I finished the card with a couple of pieces of navy stitched ribbon.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope things will stay quiet so I can get around to visit your blogs tonight!

Have a good one!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I like it! I so can't wait for the Olympics to get started! I've been praying it doesn't rain Friday night; the satellite goes out every time it rains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so so cute! It is so polished looking. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch and your coloring of the blues is beautiful.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the sketch! Love your colouring of this athletic lady! Thanks for joining us at Seems A Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabolous coloring Carla and great card!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous creation thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have 1000 follower candy if you are interested and have not already joined in the celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab card, love the stamp! And your coloring is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the coloring on this image, Carla--really, really nice! And your take on the sketch is so cute! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, that soccer player girly image is so cute. Lovely coloring and perfect papers for that sporty Olympic look.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card Carla - even though I have to support Team GB, I love waht you've done here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! What a great image, and your coloring WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card and good job coloring the uniforms. Go Team USA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The design of this card is absolutely fabulous.

    Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a cute image! Great job of coloring her! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Seems A Little Sketchy :)
    Hugs, Nelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla