Monday, June 25, 2012

Sweet Taste of Summer

Good Morning!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a good weekend and your week is off to a great start!  Have you been partying with The Outlawz?  Be sure to check out the 2,000 Member Party going on now through June 30!  There are lots of games, challenges and of course, fabulous prizes from our awesome sponsors!

I have a busy day today, so I'm popping in early to share a card I made for a couple of challenges.  It is for the Friday Sketch Challenge #20, The Corrosive Challenge #152 (summertime girls), Love to Create Challenge #21 (anything goes) and the Incy Wincy Designs Challenge (anything goes).

Here is the FSC sketch:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Yo-Yo Yellow and layered with patterned papers from the K & Co. Citronella 12x12 pad.  My adorable image is Lemon Lucy from Mayzy Art.  She was generously provided by Mayzy as a freebie for subscribers of Through the Craft Room Door magazine (the May/June issue).  I printed her on Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added some Yellow Stickles to all the lemon slices and Glossy Accents to the pitcher and glass of lemonade.

Here is a close-up of Lucy:


My sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It is from the BBQ Chillin' set in Paulette's store here.  Some sparkly punched photo corners and a few gems finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. adorable and doesn't get any summery (is that a word LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and summer fresh - those papers are ideal for that sweet image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love those citrus colours, a very pretty image, gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part in Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carla! I'm in Love with this Summery Card! It really put a smile on my face this morning! The image is darling & the summery feel is fantastic! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create for our Anything Goes Challenge!! Please Come back and play with us again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds think alike. I just colored her yesterday. I love the colors you used and love that sketch. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fresh looking and love the color scheme. Beautiful design Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, this card makes me thirsty. :^) Love the bright yellows you used with all the extra sparkle! And you did a great job coloring this little miss! Love it! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute, Carla. I love that you added the yellow Stickles to the lemons making them glitter and pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Carla!! Love these colors together. Wonderful summer card so refreshing and your image so cute and of course your coloring is awesome. The perfect sentiment.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is a sunny brightfull card! I love the colours, your take on the sketch and that image you've used. You coloured her so wel. Thanks for joining the Friday Sketch Challenge!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!!! I love the bright summery colors and that cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty card! Loving the brigt sunny colour on it. Makes me miss sun even more ( only raind and bad weather here:( )

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super summer colors Carla! :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's soooo cute. I love the colors, your coloring, and the perfect papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooooo cute!!! I LOVE the yellow..so summery!!! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. I'd say yellow is as summery as you can get. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge. Please join us again soon. XX Rachelle CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the image & your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week @ Friday Sketch Challenge, good luck
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful card lovely image and fab colours.... thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create challenge this week! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Carla, love your image and smashing colour scheme. Great take on the sketch.Perfect papers for this image.
    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a delicious card, Carla! Perfect papers and gorgeous coloring! Love the sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for Summertime Girls! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the colorcombo
    thanks for playing with the fridaysketchchallenge

    janine DT FSC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla