Friday, May 4, 2012

Copic/Promarker Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  TGIF!  I'm off to an early start today with my post to share my DT card for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site.  This week's theme is Mother's Day or a much-loved female. We have a new sponsor for our May Challenges - Can You Digi It.  One random winner from this month's challenges will win a $15 GC to the CYDI on-line store!  Check out all the details in the challenge thread!

On to my card for the challenge:


I started with a card base of SU Cool Caribbean and layered with some digi papers from Jak Heath from a set called Pretty Peony Pack 2.  You can find them on Jak's blog here.  The DT was generously provided with a digi stamp from the Can You Digi It store for our project this week.  I chose this beautiful image called Chic Dress & Frame by LilyPink Designs (who is none other than our wonderful teammie, Dawn!).  I layered the image onto two more digi papers from the Pretty Peony Pack 2 in Photoshop and printed them out.  I printed the image once more onto Copic X-Press It Blending Card.  I cut out and layered the background frames.  I colored the dress part of the image with my Copics then cut it out and popped it up over the main image.  I added a bit of Stickles to the sash for some sparkle.  The sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up set, but I forget which one.  A double loop satin bow and a sparkly green button finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Copic/Promarker Challenge and check out the beautiful creations from my very talented DT sistahs and our May Guest Designer, Holly!  Hope you'll be inspired to play along with us this week!

I'll be back later this morning with another post and some exciting news to share!  Hope to see you then!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the colors and that dress image is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is simply breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The colors and that sentiment are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my hat is off to you Carla, you keep them coming don't ya!
    There is something about this particular card, I'm sure what it is but I just love it. You are one talented lady that is for sure!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Carla what fabulous colour I love it , gorgeous Bow too Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Carla. I love the design and the color of the dress. Beautiful card and beautiful embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Carla. I love the way you have been able to make the dress look 3-d around the pleats/folds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo I love how you've used Dawn's dress. It's so pretty layered onto those matching papers. Such a calm and refreshing color scheme too Carla. :-) Very pretty! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is spectacular! I love that dress and the card is yummy. I have to say this is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, Carla! Love your design and the colors & patterns you chose are just scrumptious! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous card.

    Great image, beautiful coloring, lovely color palette, wonderful embellishments, and that bow!!!! Wow, that bow!!! (I'm bow impaired).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh this is so pretty! I love the color and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carla, this is a stunning card! I just love the mix of card stock and digi pattern paper. The dress form is fabulous! I love the green glitter-y sash, it add the right amount of sparkle without over doing it! This is just so wonderful and pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla