Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fashion Fades, Style Remains

Hello!  Can't believe it's already Sunday evening!  It's been a busy weekend for us. DH had a big golf tournament this weekend and I spent most of today watching the final match. Sadly, he missed winning the whole championship by one stroke after nearly 80 holes of play, but it was an exciting match today and fun to be there to watch.  When I wasn't at the golf course, I managed to get a card done for the Jackson Digital Expressions Sketch Challenge #1 (use sketch and pastel colors).

Here is the sketch:


Here is my card:


I started with a card base of GKD Innocent Pink and layered with pastel patterned papers from the Authentique Delightful 6x6 pad.  My image is Sharp Girl  from Robert Jackson.  It is available in Robert's store here.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her with  Copic markers.  I added some Stickles to her hat, shoes, handbag and jacket for some sparkle.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  Some Papertrey Spring Moss ribbon and a few yellow pearls from my stash finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great rest of the evening and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Carla, this is so pretty! I love the classy image and the dp's are perfect for the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...Carla, this is gorgeous! I love those colors and the image is great...perfect sentiment, too! Too bad about the golf tourny...my hubby is playing in 2 weeks with our daughter near Charleston, SC in a charity tourny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is such a stylish lady and the card is awesome!

    Sorry about your hubby..that had to be a heartbreaker.

    Hubby and I were in your part of the South today. We were visiting his sis in Indian Springs Village. It was a beautiful day there...I think better than it was at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant looking, the card and the lady. Beautiful job as always Carla. Love the pretty pastels you used and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, I am sorry about hubby and the tournament. I would rather lose by 10 strokes than one...bummer. On the bright side, you definitely came up with a winner for this Sketch Challenge. OMGosh!! This card is so classy and elegant!

    We were delighted to see your design, no doubt it will join your previous card on our Hall of Fame Page! Thanks for playing with Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    Big Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator
    JDE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is simple gogeous Carla!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very chic! The card is fabulous! Great coloring and design. I love the paper choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have done it again, eye popping gorgeous!!!! sorry he didn't win but sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Carla. Love you color combo and your image is fabulously colored.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tres' Chic! Obviously I cannot speak French - but hey! I am a mountain lady. Carla you make the most wonderful cards and I never tire of coming to your blog. Love the papers and the colors!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Carla! I love this card! So vibrant and spring-like! Love the color palette.
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Carla I just LOVE your work! Your choice of papers, colors, embellishments, the coloring....just gorgeous!!! Thanks for gracing us with your presence again this week!

    Kathi
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it,thanks so much for joining us at Robert Jackson's Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great stylish card Carla! ;-) You do these images so well. Lovely! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carla, this is one of my favorites, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lovely card, she is very pretty. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the image Carla, great colours too! I kinda wish I could wear that, lol especially the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this one Carla!! Really elegant and perfect for a spring time card - fabulous colouring and colour choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh...he must have been so disappointed. That is a lot of golf. It is great that you do it together. I used to watch my daughter all the time. Love the colors on this card too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla