Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Warmest Wishes

Hi there!  Hope your first week of the new year is off to a great start! I'm still trying to get caught with everything that went by the wayside during the holidays!  But it's all good - I'll get there!  I'm popping in quickly to share the card I made for the Little Miss Muffet Challenge #25 - Anything Goes.  Barbara generously offered a new release digi as a freebie last week and I couldn't wait to use the adorable image on a card!  The new image is called Saffron.  She is part of the LMM Sugar 'n Spice Dolls collection.

Here is my card for the challenge:


I started with a card base of SU Baja Breeze and layered with patterned paper from the K & Co. Visions of Christmas 12x12 pad.  I tried to pick a paper that didn't look too Christmassy.  I printed Saffron on Cryogen White and colored her with Copics.  I added some Glitter Snow to her hat brim, muff and pompoms then popped her up on foam tape in the scene.  The sentiment is from one of the SU All Year Cheer sets.  I punched a bunch of snowflakes with the MS Aspen Snowflake Punch Around the Page punches and added glitter to them also.  I added the snowflakes around the background and that was it!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great night and I'll see you soon!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. she's adorable and your card is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and all the snowflakes you created for her - love the sparkle and the sentiment in the snow. Beautiful card Carla - Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is beautiful! I love that image...she is so pretty and your coloring is, of course, to die for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, this is such a perfect winter scene! Lovely!

    Thanks for playing at Little Miss Muffet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this is so pretty! Saffron is adorable too! I love how you used the print paper too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, snowy scene. Love the sweet image and your dp is just perfect for this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love the glitter on her muff and hat! Thanks for joining us for our anything goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet.

    Cleota
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    your card, is so gorgeous , love the scene you've create!
    thanks for playing with us at little miss muffet this week
    hugs
    céline GDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Carla! I love that wintery scene and the tree in the background is the perfect touch! Saffron looks adorable in blue!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fab. The DP looks painted on, wonderful effect. Glorious scene you've created. The glitter accents and the fluttering snowflakes are perfection.

    Thanks for joining the Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes Challenge - Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla