Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BookEndz Challenge

Hi there!  Happy Wednesday!  Only 4 days left, can you believe it?  I thought I was all done with gifts, but I just learned of a shipping snafu that means a gift I thought I had all taken care of  is no longer going to arrive on time, so I will have to run out today, in the pouring rain, and pick up a replacement.  Otherwise, I'm happy to be pretty much ready for the weekend.  Before I head out, I'm popping in to share a card I made for the BookEndz Challenge on Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative site.  If you haven't heard of this before, BookEndz is a fun cyber book and craft group.  You can check out all the details here.  Each month, the group reads and discusses new books.  There is also a challenge where you can create a project inspired by the current book selection.   This month's main book is An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff & Alex Tresniowski.  It's a true story about an unlikely meeting of a young panhandler and a busy sales executive on a New York City street and the bond they form that changes both of their lives forever. 

Here is my card for the challenge:


I focused on the friendship between the woman and the young boy.  I know that Laura Schroff was not as old as the woman in my image, but I was inspired by the two of them just spending time together doing simple things like baking, etc.   I merged two Mo Manning images - Mummu's Nissu and For Teacher 2.  I printed the merged image on Cryogen White and colored with Copics.  The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Rosy 6x6 pad.  A gingham bow and button and a few adhesive pearls finished my card.

Thanks for dropping by!  Hope you have a great day!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the papers and design!!! The ribbon and button are so adorable!! Wishing you and your family a blessed and wonderful Christmas!!
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I always enjoy your posts & this one is no exception....great job on the card! I have seen that digi on Mo's and love it! Made a really cute card....would love to be able to merge images like that but don't know where to start, lol! I need a book for Dummies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. your non delivery is about the tenth I have heard of in the last few days Carla...so frustrating isnt it...what a fantastic idea to team these two together, they work just perfectly, of course your gorgeous colouring is just perfect as always
    Mina xxx
    I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful fun and festive Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, your merged images are great and what a wonderful card for your book inspiration.
    Gosh, too bad about your order and having to get in the rain. It has been downpours for us today, too. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Carla this is amazing. I would love to read this book. Your coloring is wonderful. It has been a fun year watching you create so many whimsical Mo cards. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year. We will catch up when I get back from IL. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carla, this is so sweet. I've been looking for a stamp that has milk and cookies and none I've seen will suffice for this awesome book. You did a great job.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla