Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just Us Girls Celebrates 100 Challenges!

Good morning!  It hasn't actually been a very good morning here.  We lost our power and phone yesterday evening as the tropical storm hit us with the heavy winds and rain.  It just came back a few minutes ago!  Needless to say, no computer or crafting for me during that time.  I haven't even had a cup of coffee today!  Yikes!  Anyway, now that I have my internet back, I'm dropping in to share the card I made for the 100th Challenge over on the Just Us Girls blog!  You'll definitely want to check out this week's challenge as there is some great blog candy to be won by some lucky participant!  I hope it's me!  The 100th challenge is a sketch challenge.  In fact, they are using the same sketch that they used for the very first challenge!

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


I started with an A6 cardbase of SU Lucky Limeade.  My patterned papers are all from the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky 6x6 pad.  My image is Mo Manning's Trudy's Party Dress.  You can find her in Mo's store here.  I printed Trudy on Cryogen White and colored here with Copics.  I printed her dress to the same scale on patterned paper, cut it out and added it to the image.  I added some sparkle her and there with Stickles and made her shoes shiny like patent leather with Glossy Accents.  A button and bow finished my card.

Thank for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Carla!! Totally love those papers and your coloring is flawless!! Hoping that you guys are in the clear now and everything is still up and running!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carla this is beyond adorable. Love the combination of papers - well done and the paper dress is just cute cute cute!!! Thanks so much for your long-time and loyal support of JUGS and thanks for joining JUGS for our #100! We appreciate the participation. Sorry to hear about the power from the storms. Weather certainly can play havoc with our technology!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, LITERALLY, just gasped out loud, Carla! WHAT a gloriously colored and positively flawlessly crafted piece! WOWZA! {YOU are sooooo talented!} Love your use of the Just Us Girls Sketch - THANK YOU, sooooo much, for joining us this week and celebrating the big 100 with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla