Friday, August 26, 2011

Copic/Promarker Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  TGIF!  I hope all of you who are in the possible path of Irene stay safe this weekend.  I know I am going to be watching the path of the storm closely since I still have my house in North Carolina, as well as many friends and family on the East Coast. 

I am popping in to share my DT card for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site.  This week's theme is "anything goes" - always a favorite with our challenge participants.

Here is my card:


My card is also for the current challenge (#25) in Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom Copic Challenge group.  The challenge this time is "winged things" - to color any image with wings.   Keeping that in mind, I chose this wonderful Mo Manning image called Fairy Tabia.  I started with a 5 1/2 square card base of SU Certainly Celery and layered with SU Lavender Lace and patterned paper from the Prima Fairy Flora 6x6 pad.  I printed Fairy Tabia on Cryogen White Iridescent and colored her with Copic markers.  I added some Crystal and Stardust Stickles for a little extra sparkle.  A shimmery triple-loop bow and a tiny rose spritzed with Honeydew Glimmer Mist finished my card.

Be sure to stop by the Outlawz Copic/Promarker Challenge and check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the amazingly talented design team and our August Guest Designer, Kathy.   I hope you will be inspired to play along with us this week.  If you enter a card in the challenge, you become eligible for the awesome prizes from our wonderful sponsors:
Oozak: 50.00 Gift Certificate
SCACD: $25.00 Gift Certificate
Gilli Stamps: Gilli Goodie Bag
Paper Temptress: Special Package For The Outlawz $20.00 Value

All the instructions for joining the challenge are in the challenge thread.  Have fun!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Your visits and comments mean a lot to me!  Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carla! I love the greens and the purples together, and your coloring up of this cutie is wonderful.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla, I love the softness of your bg with this beautifully colored image, just too pretty!
    Hope you are getting settled and loving your new home. Still miss knowing you were just in NC. Hope the storm passes by with no damage.
    Take care,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Carla! Love the whimsy!
    Hugs,
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carla... she is sooo totally gorgeous.... love your colors

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla