Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Outlawz Color Challenge Card

I'm back to share a card I did for another of the challenges on The Outlawz site.  Today's challenge was a Color Challenge (CC0208) - to use Poppy, Turquoise and White.

Here is the inspiration photo they shared:


Here is my card with the colors:


My card base is SU Poppy Parade.  My layers are GKD Pure Luxury Turquoise Sea.  I used some beautiful DP from Prima's Strawberry Kisses Collection that had both primary colors.  I stitched around the background panels with my Janome Sew Mini.  The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Eclectic Summer Sayings set and it was stamped with Poppy Parade onto GKD Layering Weight White. The main image panel and mats were cut with Spellbinders Petite Ovals. I punched a butterfly using a Martha Stewart punch and added some Kaiser gems to his body.  Some turquoise Bloomers from Webster's Pages Spring 2010 collection and some buttons from my stash finished it.

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH...this is gorgeous. I love the combination of paper and the flower trim. This is so pretty Carla. I love this. Great card. Thank you so much for thinking of me for my birthday.. I love happy mail from you..I will catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond gorgeous! and that flower ribbon looks like it was made for this card! Absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the turquoise and goes well with the other colors-pretty flowers and card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness Carla this is amazing! I love this dp and your Websters bloomers are SOOOOO pretty! I have been wanting these for a while.... now I know I gotta order them! Thanks for enabling me my friend! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla