Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter Chickadee

I am back tonight to share a card I made for a few challenges.  It's been such a busy week, I had to do a bit of multi-tasking by combining some of my favorite challenges.  My card is for today's Card Patterns Sketch #97, today's Our Creative Corner Inspiration Challenge and the weekly challenge on Joan's Gardens' blog which this week had the following requirements:
-use an animal or bird
-use a floral patterned paper
-use some kind of die
-do something outside our comfort zone

Here is the Card Patterns Sketch I worked with:


Here is the inspiration photo for the OCC challenge:


Here is my card:


For my main focal point, I combined two images from the Gina K. Designs set, Winter Wings, using masking. I colored the image with Copic markers then added gloss to the berries with a Sakura Clear Glaze Pen.  I added some "snow" to the branches by adding Liquid Applique and puffing it up with a heat tool.  I used one of the Spellbinders Lacey Circles to frame the image. The card base is GKD Pure Luxury Cranberry Tart and my floral patterned paper is from the Webster's Pages Home For The Holidays Collection.  The thing outside my comfort zone was the stitching, something I am generally too lazy to pull out my sewing machine to do.

Many thanks for stopping by!  Have a great evening!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Carla you have the perfect stamp for this challenge and love the sketch too! You rocked this one too gf! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these little birds and you have done a wonderful job with this image! Love the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Carla, I just love Chickadees!! Your photo is beautiful and your card is gorgeous!! Love your take on the sketch and your colors and coloring are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Carla, I can't believe you had a stamp that matched the inspiration photo so perfectly! Your card turned out wonderful - beautiful DP and I love the liquid applique on the branch! Awesome job on this week's challenge. We're so happy you were able to join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect take on the inspiration pic, Carla! Fabulous coloring and detailing! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, your card is stunning. Beautiful colors and design. Love it!

    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #1 Weekly Card Challenge. This is so much fun!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank's for joining us at cardpatterns love how you combined both challenge's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla this is a wonderful card for the Hey Chickadee challenge! That main image really pops on your card and the card is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner this week! Come again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is beautiful...great job with the multitasking. I don't do so great with combining my challenges, but your card is perfect for each one. Tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is simply beautiful! Love the colors and contrasting patterns! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla